Vegan Chocolate Brownies
- Oct 18, 2018
- 0 Comment(s)
Time to get a chocolate hit and they are vegan..
- 1 large flax egg or equivalent egg substitute
- 1 can low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 medium to large ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of Adaptogen Beauty & Radiance
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling on finished product
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8×8 inch baking pan.
Place flax egg, black bean, avocado, vanilla, and rice malt syrup and process in a food processor until smooth.
Add in cocoa powder, coconut oil, baking soda, and baking powder, walnuts and process again until smooth. Batter will be thick. If batter is way too thick and won't process, you can add in a tablespoon or two of almond milk.
This batter needs to be very thick in order to produce fudgy brownies. Fold in chocolate chip or sprinkle onto batter then transfer to prepared pan and use a spatula to spread evenly to sides.
Sprinkle top of batter with 2 tablespoons of remaining chocolate chips.
Bake for 22-30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out somewhat clean.
You don't want these to dry out, but you also don't want them completely raw either! Cool pan completely on wire rack then cut into 12 bars.